As burglaries and theft rise, do you have enough home insurance?
Published: 12 November 2009
By MoneyHighStreet Staff Leave a Comment
Updated: 31 December 2009
As domestic burglaries rise, worryingly the number of home insurance claims for theft has decreased. Is this because people don’t have enough home insurance cover?
According to research by Sainsbury’s Home Insurance, nearly a million people cancelled their home contents insurance or reduced the amount of insurance cover they have to save money.
But with the average home insurance claim nearly £1,400 is this short term saving goind to end up in a longer term cost? As burglaries and theft increase there is more risk that this is the case.
Ensuring that you get home insurance cover that fully meets your needs as well as take better home security precautions to protect yourself against burglary, really is vital.
Getting a home insurance quote is quick and easy.
You can then compare what each are offering and the various prices and if any suit your needs proceed to buy your policy.
As Ben Tyte, Sainsbury’s Home Insurance manager comments ‘A significant proportion of all home insurance claims relate to theft, and we would urge homeowners to make sure their home security is up to scratch and that they have adequate home contents cover.’
Home insurance deals
With so much competition between providers you can often get a good home insurance deal, for example as at 12 Nov 2009
- Direct Line – 1/3rd off combined buildings and contents insurance until 30 Nov 09 and up to 25% off when you buy online via the Direct Line website.
- Tesco Home Insurance – Get 50% off Contents insurance via the Tesco Insurance website.
- Sainsbury’s Home Insurance – 20% discount when you buy online via the Sainsbury’s website + Double Nectar points on Sainsbury’s shopping for 2 years.
- MORE TH>N – FREE home contents insurance up to £75,000 when you buy buildings insurance the MORE TH>N website
- NatWest Home Insurance – 20% off combined buildings and contents insurance or 30% discount for Advantage customers. Plus get a quote by 6 December 2009 and you’ll get an additional 15% online discount using promo code NW15 and £20 cashback until the 30 November 2009 – via the NatWest website.