UK electricity and gas supplier reviews – Ovo Energy
Published: 1 December 2010
By MoneyHighStreet Staff 18 Comments
Updated: 1 December 2010
Ovo Energy is one of the UK’s newest energy suppliers and is already making its mark with cheap energy plans across many regions and its focus on green, renewable energy.
It claims to offer the greenest dual fuel tariff which consumers are attracted to, coupled with fixed price energy plans and paperless billing.
Ovo Energy aims to be carbon neutral in offering fuel in the most energy efficient and environmentally friendly way. It has 2 energy plans, the Ovo new energy plan and the Ovo green energy plan to meet these needs, offering either just electricity or dual fuel.
Ovo New Energy Plan
- Great value – using the latest technologies
- Fixed price – the prices you pay per unit of energy will not go up even if market prices do
- 15% renewable electricity – Go green without having to pay a green premium
- Paperless billing – save £20 – bills are sent through email to save trees and energy
- Direct Debit – no extra costs that are usually associated with old fashioned bills
- Earn from energy – if your account is in credit, earn 3% interest equivalent on what’s in there.
Ovo Green Energy Plan
Have all the benefits of the OVO new energy plan and 100% green electricity.
Ovo Energy gets their gas from the UK grid while the electricity comes from renewable and non-renewable resources, largely from the national grid. Their standard tariff is considered to be the greenest standard dual fuel tariff in the UK. Their green energy comes mainly from local wind farms and landfill gas.
Ovo Energy is small compared to the ‘Big 6’ energy companies but is now one of the main UK energy suppliers, delivering great value electricity, gas and outstanding customer service.
Ovo Energy aims to make affordable renewable energy available for everyone.
If you are looking for a way to save money then why not reduce the amount of energy that you use and switch to an economically friendly energy supplier?