MBNA Platinum Rewards credit card review – what are the benefits?
Published: 22 July 2009
By MoneyhighStreet Staff Leave a Comment
Updated: 22 January 2010
Continuing our review of credit cards we now look at the MBNA Platinum Rewards credit card – what are the benefits?
MBNA is one of the highest issuers of credit cards in the UK, issuing under its own MBNA name and also under third parties, for example the BT credit card is issued by MBNA.
You can apply for the MBNA rewards card online and it only takes a few minutes.
The credit card currently has an interest rate of 16.9% APR typical (variable) and does not have an annual fee.
It offers 0% interest on balance transfers for 13 months. There is a 2.9% balance transfer handling fee.
There’s also 0% interest on card purchases for 3 months from the date the account is opened.
Other key benefits of the MBNA rewards card include
- Online banking to check your balance and transaction online, plus you can opt for paperless statements to help protect the environment
- Free fraud protection – as long as you advise MBNA as soon as you notice unusual transactions you will not be liable for fraudulent transactions on the high street or online
- Free 24 hour customer service helpline – available wherever you are worldwide.
The MBNA credit card Reward points are easy to earn – basically you get 1 point for every £1 you spend on your card on such as food, petrol and going out.
With your earnt points you can choose the rewards you want, when you want them – across
- Travel – pay for flights, hotels, package holidays etc and you can use part points, part cash
- Entertainment – from DVD players and TVs, a raft of choice
- Shopping – high street vouchers for stores such as Selfridges, John Lewis, Boots, WHSmith and Debenhams