Don’t Forget Your Car Insurance When Driving In Europe
Published: 25 May 2010 By MoneyHighStreet Staff Leave a Comment
If you intend to drive in the European Union outside the UK this summer, don’t forget to make sure your car insurance policy covers EU travel.
With the recent air travel problems caused by volcanic ash disruption, many people may be looking for an alternative to flying with travel by car being attractive for many.
However, as Andrew Ferguson, M&S Head of General Insurance, comments “it is crucial for drivers who are making longer journeys by car for the first time, to make sure they have the adequate car insurance and breakdown cover in place, so that they have peace of mind should the worse happen.”
Some insurance policies, such as M&S Premier Car Insurance, include cover for driving in the European Union outside the UK, others though do not.
It’s important you check before you set off – whilst driving into Europe means making the most of the scenic routes and discovering parts of a country that are missed when flying, the distance can take its toll and result in car breakdowns and delays if adequate preparations are not taken.
Save 15% off your current insurers car insurers car insurance premium
If you are about to renew you car insurance, through our partnership with leading insurance Broker, W B Baxter, we are able to offer a great saving – save 15%* off your current insurers car insurance premium.
And you will get FREE Legal Expenses and FREE Foreign use as well.
To get a car insurance quote or get more information, simply
Call Baxters Streetwise on 0845 4023 298 – Quote MNYS to get the 15% saving.
As well as car insurance there are other ways to ensure your trip is a breeze – here are the top tips from M&S car insurance:
- Plan your journey beforehand using a route planner
- Have a travel book to hand that contains local phrases to ask locals for directions and good places to stop
- Make sure you have some local currency in case you need to pay for toll booths
- Bring plenty of entertainment when travelling with children to ensure they are kept occupied and do not distract the driver
- Have refreshments in the car to avoid dehydration in the heat and in case you get caught in a traffic jam
- Check the car over before setting off, ensuring the oil, screen wash, coolant and tyre pressures are at correct levels
* Subject to certain eligibility criteria. Terms, conditions, exclusions & minimum premiums apply.
Media Netrix Limited is an Introducer Appointed Representative of W B Baxter Ltd, an insurance intermediary authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA).